Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Yes Virginia, there is a Scrooge

I can't take credit for the idea... I saw it in a cartoon in the New Yorker magazine decades ago. But upon urging by my daughter and co-conspirator, Kara, we crafted this as a holiday father-daughter project a few years ago.

Yes, it is a real sign that we hung on my house!

I was actually surprised that the neighbors didn't complain or that there wasn't an article in the local paper. The HUMBUG sign went up two years in a row with apparently nobody noticing, or caring. 'Tis the season for apathy, I guess.

Anyway, Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings to you all regardless of what deities you may, or may not, worship. Good health and cheer to you all throughout the year and may you enjoy the company of loving people around you. - Robert

4 comments:

Charlie said...

"... co-conspirator, Kara ..."

Like father, like daughter, they say.

And to you, Robert, some of the same wishes: good health and loving people throughout the year.

Mary Witzl said...

That is just wonderful. Very festive too. And a lot funnier than plastic Santas climbing up chimneys.

Robert the Skeptic said...

Charlie Indeed, my progeny... destined to continue the struggle of going up the down escalator.

Mary I do enjoy humor that makes people smile at first - then entertain a tiny lingering doubt questioning if I am serious of not.

Gutsy Living said...

Express yourself and be FREE to do so. Relax and enjoy time with your family.